Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, July 11, 2011

A Weekend Away

OK so...not really away but away from my house periodically which is usually where I am on weekends maintaining the monsters that that are my family.

I went to a Bridal Shower on Sat out in Langley for a friend of mine and although it was an extremely long day which would usually make me kinda cranky, it was a good day and I had fun! Hopefully everyone had fun especially the bride to be. We started out decorating a beautiful Clubhouse in the complex that she lives in and then waiting for the festivities to start. Once the BTB got there ( fashionably late since we picked her up late ) I think we spent more time talking than doing what most showers do. Playing bridal games...don't get me wrong sure they're fun... sometimes... maybe ya not so much but thank god I didn't have to get wrapped in a toilet paper dress. Sorry Lisa the only dress I'm wearing is the one you're forcing me to for your wedding. If I don't wear a pantsuit just to mess you up!

So after some chatter, some food and lots of rolling laughter and dressing up the bride she was blindfolded and led to the second half of her evening at Tantra Fitness for a stripper pole dancing lesson. Can you imagine my shock when she got really excited about it? I actually thought she might panic and bolt for the door. Apparently that's what I should have done, if I hear one more person ask me to show them my moves they're going to get my signature move, a pole right up the ass. All in all though it was great fun and I think we all had a good time. We didn't even need booze before hand!

After 11hrs of frilly girly fun vs the dirty girl fun I'd say the latter part of the evening has the staying power.

The next day...the MOPAR show! Really not as exciting with a monster headache and 2 men that are like boys in a toy store looking at Hot Wheels. I'm not kidding there was a table full of Hot Wheels and they were looking at them. So we wandered around in the on again off again sun, until they had seen every nook and cranny of every car they liked... and some they didn't while I found myself off to the sidelines looking at the motorcycles that caught my eye near the horses that caught the other eye.

It was an eventful weekend, more than usual. Hey, maybe I'll start a pattern.

1 comment:

Peanut Buttah Muddah Fuggah said...

What I got from this is "stripper", "ass", "booze" and "motorcycles".

Can I trade one of my weekends for one of yours??

:D