Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 24, 2012

WELCOME FALL!


My very favourite season of all the seasons! Warm filling comfort foods that mark the beginning of the weight gain for the rest of the year. I'm excited because all I want to do is bake and fatten up the kids since the weather was too hot for eating anything except freezies, Slurpee's and DQ Blizzard's for a month. Among all of that is the odd salad or two because it was just to hot to cook.

Fall also brings out my creative side.

I got quite a bit of writing done this weekend! Go figure, the sun goes away and I can focus. Adding the changes to the storyline actually came easier than I thought they would. There's still more research involved but it's fitting together better now. I was having this insane problem of separating one of my characters from my youngest daughter. I didn't realize how her drama queen ways had flowed in it.

I love you Bean but you know you are the Queen of the Dramatic! Oh besides T, you both go from 0-60 in less than 3 seconds.

When I write the angst of the character she comes to mind which is fitting because in some way shape or form some of the characters are loosely patterned after certain people in my life and I'm enjoying testing their fictional limits now that I'm into the core of the story.

I'm still trying to weed through and edit Choo's late mother's story too but I feel like I'm hacking it to pieces. My biggest problem there is that there are just way too many characters. She named and gave a voice to almost every character she has... and there's A LOT of them. Her story is and end of the world si-fi story so we have many, many people in a small contained area. I wish she was here so I knew who could be faded more into the background than others. Unfortunately along with the editing comes the rewriting. Sometimes I just have to tuck it back into the case and walk away.

For those that asked about Oz, He's fine a tough kitty he is!

Now without bells all of them have gone back to rat hunting but now as a team...

 Yay...

S

No comments: