Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Goodbye Thanksgiving, Hello Halloween!

Happy After Turkey Day!

If you have recovered from your Turkey coma then the long weekend is over! We were super busy this weekend, it's like instead of Spring cleaning we Fall clean  hide stuff until Spring.

Lawn moved-check
Hedges trimmed-check
Blackberry bushes cut back ( evil spawn of a plant )-check
Taking advantage of the extensive weather-check
Now that all of that is done,

Let the winterizing begin!... that means I need umbrellas.


As the leaves are changing colour and there is a chill in the air we get ready for the darker days and here in BC what I like to call Monsoon season! We’ve been pretty lucky so far with our weather. After a hot Thanksgiving ( not normal ) and a Hockey lock out ( also not normal ) we’re left with Halloween my favourite day of the year!

Since my kids have been grown we haven’t given Halloween the treatment it deserves but I’m hoping to change that this year a bit. I would love to have a graveyard on the lawn but I’m sure that 1 of the zoo inhabitants would destroy it somehow unless I can think outside of the box on this one.
California would be completely scared of the yard if there were tomestones in it and Smokey well…he’s kind of like a Bull and would probably wreck everything in his path just for curiosities sake and well like I said he’s a bull…dozer. Oz would feel right at home while Boscoe would retreat to some hiding spot until everything is over. Bast and Whiskey will be cautious until the fireworks start. Poor guy he already has a bald ass and once Halloween is here I’m sure he’ll drop the rest of his fur. I might have to start buying him sweaters or doggie pants since his butt will be cold and even though he hates them he won’t be able to anxiously chew himself.
All the kids are already planning their costumes for parties I'm assuming anyway and I can't wait to see what they come up with. Might have to put something together for some adults this year too maybe a good game of Ramoli or something else like Poker??? Nope suck at that ! I like Ramoli because as calm as the game sounds some people are quite competative and that makes me giggle.
I'm excited...maybe too excited
Ideas... I need ideas and craft projects! Google here I come.

hmmm spellcheck not working for if there are spelling errors you're stuck with them.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Just make sure that it's material that can stand up to your weather and your dogs.