Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

What happens when I get motivated...

This time of year I tend to get more motivated and sadly more creative.

I've now realized that there is so much more I can do with what I have. Like my camera for example it sits and gathers dust most of the time...well a lot of the time really.

After talking to Dubs at work about Whiskey and how he's short and scratches his hairless ass using my coffee table. ( He's hairless because he has anxiety and losses his fur at the drop of a hat ) She suggested that I take a video of this so she could see it. I'm like that a great idea!

After I found the camera that I hadn't seen in months I turned it on and the batteries promptly died, so off to the store I went to get batteries. I went to our dollar store because they are cheap there. Picked up a package of 4 AA's and headed home smiling because I got batteries and I was going to do something constructive!

I get home and am about to open the package, flip it over and see on the back it says ' NOT FOR USE IN DIGITAL CAMERAS OR OTHER HIGH DRAINAGE ELECTRONICS ' Great... When I tell Sese about this she says ya you shouldn't use Cabon Zinc?? You know that how? Sure whatever so back to the store I go and pick up Alkaline plus!

woo hoo!

OK so now I'm all good and I go home to put batteries in the camera and try to film what I think is going to be hilarious!

I get home put the batteries in, wait for about 2 mins and there Whiskey goes scratching his butt. I film it repeatedly trying to get at least a full 20 seconds of this because that's all I need to make my point. Now it's time to download the video and pics I've taken into my laptop where I have just recently decided I'd play with photo shop to be more creative.

Problem 1

Memory card from the camera  from 1998 does not fit in my HP laptop... After many times of trying to convince myself that it would almost fit if I made it.

Problem 2

The USB cord that should have fit into my camera from 1998 didn't fit and again me thinking that I might be able to make it fit but nope, no such luck.

After having a mini temper tantrum Choo gave me this thing...it's an USB all in one card reader also
 from the dollar store... need I say more.

I plug in the USB get everything connected. Driver software is installing, when it's done I put in the memory card and can't find the pics and video I had just taken. I couldn't open some of the picture files...also there from 1998. Confusion set in so I pulled out the memory card and put it back in.  Clicked on OPEN FOLDER TO VIEW FILES... it said there were none so I took it out again put it back in the camera and there they were all the pics??

Hmmm interesting.

When I put the card in again I got the same message no files but this time when I put it back in the camera there were no files...what???

none???

oh no...

Everything was gone from the memory card 14-15 yrs of photos gone. After bantering about whether this was my fault or not a friend of ours we'll call him Eddy ( cause that's his middle name and he hates it ) told me to test the cam take a pic and see what happened, I did and it worked uploaded and posted on my twitter feed as a tester. A pic of my Coyote survivor Oz looking all mob cat like the girls say he does.

Fortunately I have most of them saved to disk. I am still going to get this video though and then put the camera back where I found it to not be touched again.

At least not by me.

S

No comments: