Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

To Web MD or Not Web MD? Don't just don't!

Lovelies!

How was your weekend? Was it rainy and stormy preventing you from going out and doing the things you wanted to? Mine was and that didn't leave much to say here.

So all of last week I believe was fabulous until the weekend and we got screwed. And as I looked out of my of window...guess who's back! Oh ya the sun...

Quick question...How many of you Web diagnose yourselves? I'm guilty of it and in some cases it helped me and in others it horrified me and then thoughts of my impending painful death would occur.

For example, a while back I noticed that one of my fingernails looked odd like it was separated from the nail bed ( if only I had thought about that before looking online ) I got worried and looked it up...never do that... all of a sudden images, not a web diagnosis but images of horrible fungus' infected digits appeared before my eyes ( heart beats faster ) I swear for about an hour my head swirled thinking I had to go to the doctor and get needles or amputate my finger until my memory kicked in.

I have long nails and always have. Have you ever opened a can or a box with long nails? Sometimes the force you use pulls the nail away from the skin resulting in drum-roll please...

Separation from the nail bed! A sigh of relief was heard!

Lo had one of her tattoos touched up on Friday by the Awesome Aaron at Sinister Skin my Parlor of choice and yesterday she messaged me and said that she had blisters in the new ink and asked if that was normal. I had no idea! I've never had a touch up and who knows if it was normal so before I told her just to call the shop and ask, I asked the Internet...and again...NEVER DO THAT!

Images of blistery infected skin under ink and possible causes made me decide that no one is EVER touching any of my already inked skin so do it right the first time! Only because I didn't know what caused it. I turns out that after calling and doing what they told her to which was simply to stop putting lotion on it, the blisters went down and she felt relief!

I've had friends that use the Internet to figure out if something is seriously wrong with their children and then they rush them off only to find out that, gee whiz the Internet was wrong!

You know what really scares me though? There was a Walk in Clinic on the other side of our town and it was the only one for a long time so lots of people used it in a pinch, but the doctor there would enter the room...
with a laptop...
and Web diagnose his patients!

Making me wonder if that's where he learned to be a doctor in the first place. Sometimes it can be helpful you know by giving you suggestions on what could possibly be wrong, some not so fatal and hard core theories so be careful.

Seeing as I completely digressed from where this post was supposed to go in the first place I think I'm done for this week guys. I'll go back to looking out the window at the Sun...and cursing it for being here now and tormenting me.

Have a great week!
See Ya
S


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never even noticed that apparently I wasn't the only one on the Web MD trail this week!