Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

NOT Just Another Manic Monday




Happy Monday!

You think I'm drunk don't you? I'm not though, usually Monday's are just the 'get back into the rhythm of the work week' transitional day that almost always sucks and since I work this week and then I'm off on holidays...this is a Monday I can handle. Next Monday though Bean will be 19 and I might cry or maybe sniffle a bit.

Yesterday we went and saw Guardians of the Galaxy and considering all of the murmurs and uncertainty about the release of the film I enjoyed it! Alot actually and even some people cried...not me but sitting in between Blondunicorn and Bean if I had a box of tissues they would have been gone. I can't wait for the sequel and at least I'll have many other movie releases to keep me occupied until then.

It was a good time though!

We noticed though who the true Marvel believers are in the theater. Once the credits started rolling Allan and Bean got up to leave me and BU stayed firmly planted in our seats along with about half the theater until the final credits were done and the cut-scene was shown. I'm not going to spoil it but it you grew up in the 80's the final scene will remind you of something that was surprisingly big back then and now I don't know why! On the same trip down memory lane on Sat night I fell asleep watching Masters of the Universe...now that was a flashback.

It was also a week for people to get over their fears like I watched BU get over her fear of Snakes by holding Zena the largest of the 6 Bean has! She must be about 4 feet long and a thick girl but she did it and we were proud of her for it! My other Blonde bestie is about to embark on home ownership and although the fear is more her husbands than hers that's a big giant step to take and it's been a long time coming. I can just see him with the pen though to the sign papers and in his head he's chanting "Omg Omg Omg".

That's it for me right now! I'm on my own in the office this week and my lunch break is over just like Monday almost is!

Have a great week!
See Ya
S


No comments: