Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, September 8, 2014

It's A Musical Monday Embrace The Rhythm!

Hi Lovelies!

Have you ever been so obsessed with a song and you just HAD to find it? What did we do without the Internet back then?

I don't even listen to the radio anymore. Sometimes it's Internet radio but mostly it's stuff that's sent to me or songs I hear in movies or TV shows. I was explaining to a friend that I listen to music in 3 different ways.

1. The rhythm -- When I'm not paying attention,  just listening when the rhythm and beat trickle in but I don't pay much attention until  I get this feeling in my chest that grabs hold and pulls me towards the sound.

2. The chorus -- Once I tune in on that part of the song I feel more connected to it and I can determine whether I want to listen to the whole song because they never play the whole thing or they mix it up a bit and put verses in other places for the effect of what your watching.

3. The lyrics --  This is always the last thing I listen to the chorus will generally give me something to relate to but the lyrics make up my mind. You can have a song wait and amazing beat but if the lyrics are uncalled for I'll say then it doesn't matter how good the rest of it is then I won't want to listen to it.

Then after all of that there's the chase...the hunting down of that song that generated FEELS (as Sese would say) and I mean a hunt sometimes it takes hours even days to find that song because you don't know the name of the song or the name of the artist in order to track it down. Now there are probably much simpler ways to find this stuff out and I'm almost positive that I do it the hard way but more often than not I'll find it...except that one song from a SKINS trailer that for the life of me I can't find ANYWHERE!

I brought this up because on for me it's Music Monday for my Twitter feed and on the weekend I re-watched Hollowman. Lo and behold there was a song in the movie that I fell for right away Sunna-Power Struggle and I found it rather easily ( thank you Youtube ) now...I'm obsessed with the song.

You wouldn't know it but I like most of my music on the heavier side, thanks to being a metal head 80's teen. I appreciate and love all forms of music though and listen to pretty much everything...

Because of this I end up exposed to music that isn't main stream or I'll listen to it before it becomes that way. I love Underground radio and music by some Celebs that you wouldn't even know had a band like Jada Pinkette-Smith and her band Wicked Wisdom or Juliette Lewis - Juliette and the Licks.

And with all of that this music creates Soundtracks for my life on a day by day basis and because I love to dance...in my kitchen...pretty much anywhere. I have to control myself when commuting sometimes because I would be full on dancing on my way to work some days. Even if I'm in a horrible mood my music pulls me though it which is a good thing for everyone in the long run.

There is a song for everything and every mood so I urge you to embrace it full and completely and if you ever have music that I might like let me know!

Have a great week!

See Ya
S


No comments: