Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up! Besties and Peanut Love.

Hello Lovelies!

   Monday again and the weekend held alot this time around with a baby shower and 2 b-day parties. at first I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to both of them because of time constraints but everything worked out as it was meant to be as Roland Deschain ( the Gunslinger ) would say it's Ka. ( I'm re-reading the series because of the book Stephen King wrote that lands smack in the middle of it! ) I'm on book 4 ( my fave ) and the newest one falls in after that one. I call it Book 4.5

   My Blonde Bestie ( who's not so blonde anymore ) is expecting her first baby in a few short weeks and never have I seen anyone carry a tiny human with such glowing grace and I kind of hate her for it! I mean I was not graceful...sure as hell not glowing...and not enjoying any part of pregnancy at all but she pulls it off and looks good the whole time. It's funny though Blondunicorn and I were talking about it and for someone who in the past year or so has had to be the center of attention on her road to the wedding and now baby, she takes it in stride and in a way... very quietly and almost shy but you wouldn't know it because she seems so controlled all of the time.

   Out of my... ( another Gunslinger phrase ) Ka-tet she is the so not crazy one! She would be the one showing up to pay our bail. You know if we ever needed to be bailed out of... ah...anything.

   She had a good haul though and this baby is going to have the best of everything boy or girl it'll be a superstar.

    After that it was a short stop home to get hugs and cuddles from my lil Peanut who was uncharacteristically lovey with me AND ACTUALLY CALLED ME LALA...ALOT! He still bites his Aunties periodically...and his Dad but I got kisses and cuddles and hugs OH MY! He's usually a bit of a monster, he understands Lala's tone though and corrects himself or stops throwing things or picks up what he's thrown. As he starts to head towards his 2's we'll see what happens but he always makes me smile.

    Then off to Ridge for a 2 in 1 40th day party! My childhood friend that I've know since I was 5 yrs old finally joined the club! That's a long time to know someone and she's the person that I used to call to watch TV and I mean we would be one the phone watching the same show and discussing it all the way through. There's only a few people that you can do that with and that's golden.

   Starting off this was supposed to be a surprise party but when I opened her front door she was at the top of the stairs looking at me and says "Hi! I'm not ready yet" This brings me and Blondunicorn to look at each other confused but ultimately shrug and go with it. I hugged my niece Nene, asked if help was needed, got mauled by her cat for a bit and celebrated with her and her brother in law who was the other half of the party.

    Now Kris would be the one on our merry band that would be saying "I told you we shouldn't have done that" while we wait for the bail to be paid.

   I also have to comment on the fact that they have 5 different kinds of coffee machines and that just makes me proud that I have a coffee addict just as big as me but yet she's an even bigger fanatic because she has quite the one cup collection going on there! I feel like I need to catch up but I would have no counter space left.

   After all of that I went home and a changing of the guard had happened Peanut was still there but his daddy was gone and T was there so I hugged her furiously because I don't see her much and it's like we have to get everything out as soon as possible so between all of the women in the house it's like a clucking free for all ( yes I said clucking ) so that all of us can get our information out and take info in at the same time as fast as possible.

   I was Bestie day for me and I appreciated every minute that I got to spend with them and all on the same day! It was exhausting by the end of the day though and well worth it.

   I love you guys!

That's it for me, I'm counting down the days to Halloween so excited I still have a costume post to make and that's coming too.

Have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: