Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 26, 2015

A Good Monday? Parish The Thought!

Happy Monday Lovelies!

I know...what about Monday is Happy? For me...the sun is shining and it's supposed to be 14 degrees! 14 degrees in January! That is crazy just as the East Coast gets ready for what they are calling the worst winter storm by far. My thoughts are with you over there.

I hope your weekend was fabulously relaxing as mine was entertaining. Anyone who saw my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr posts this weekend would have seen that Touring Tony is in town.

For those of you that don't know the story behind him it goes like this...

Last Fall my brother from Atlanta asked me if I would do my niece a favour because she wanted to conduct a social experiment. He told me I would be receiving something (Tony...) and that I should keep him for a bit take pictures of him to post on Instagram and Facebook where he has pages and if you would like him to come see you then add Tony as a friend, leave your name and contact info in the inbox and someone will get back to you, just search for Touring Tony and see where he's been. After that he gets sent off  to someone else that will do the same. It took him a bit to get to me since he went from Atlanta - New Jersey-Arizona - Vancouver (Port Coquitlam) so the weekend was spent showing Tony in various situations with more to come. I'm having a ton of fun with it I have to say and hopefully in the end he ends up back in his home where my niece can read about his adventures in the journal that he has with him.

I seem to be the project helper of late because one of my pups Megan had a project for a course she's taking in Social Services work (hmmm Social Project...Social Services I'm sensing a pattern) that she asked a few of us to help with but when she comes in and tells you that you have a couple hours to pretty yourself up because she is going to Interview you and then take you picture I was left shocked and a bit dismayed as my kitchen was full of cookie and cake batter because I was on a baking mission. I did it though and in 20 mins becoming photo ready for the 3 1/2 mins of picture taking and interview questions that made me think about...how I think and why I think the way that I do. Let's see, what else have I got for you?

 I have a lot of irons in the fire right now with Fan Expo coming in a few months and trying to get my costume in order and starting the fabrication process, 2 Steampunk art projects, battling my inner demons and as well as trying to make sure I write and post CF every week and hopefully growing as I go along with that one...I hope...a true test of my resolve I guess eh?

It was also Peanuts 2nd birthday last Friday and the fact that 2 years has gone by already is crazy but I found out something really interesting and for a 2 year old he's scared of spiders! It must be because T is DEATHLY afraid of them and he's seen that she is because I have a big Halloween spider that hangs out all year long that he just noticed it this weekend and doesn't like it at all! With the explicit permission of his father who asked me to toss it in his direction and seeing the poor boy jump so fast and mimic squashing it we have definitely determined that he is scared of spiders and that made me laugh as he would have me save him from the fake spider repeatedly and smile but wouldn't get any closer than 2 feet away from it. I love that kid... I guess showing him the 2 tarantulas his Auntie B has would be bad right?

Ok with all of that going on I have a busy road ahead and need to remember how to sew! Not even that but adjusting the tension on my machine...which never works...and makes me want to throw it out the window.

Have a great week!
See Ya,
S


No comments: