Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 5, 2015

The 100 The Vacuum That Stole My Soul

Hi Lovelies!

I hope you all have a safe and fun New Years Eve! We had a mellow quiet evening, Monopoly Empire was played and heavily examined. There is a certain degree of strategy needed to property steal.

Well even the excitement of a new year does nothing for Mondays though doesn't it?

Some of us still have hope for the day though!

Not me...but some of us...or you...some of you...ya...you.

Okay, so before the holidays I had told you that a co-worker asked me to watch The 100 because she knew no one else that watched it and needed to talk to someone about it. As much as I tried to watch it before hand I didn't get to really check out the show until last night and as much as the first episode made the veins pop out in my head, I stuck with it and now it has definitely caught my interest or lets say trapped..trapped my interest.

A loose description of the show is that after a nuclear disaster the human race fled to the stars, the Ark a space-station orbiting earth has been home to humans for the past 97 years. Now because the Arks life support is failing they send 100 teenage criminals back to earth to see if it's inhabitable. There are supplies on Earth from long ago ( how they are still good after 97 years I have no clue ) So they DROP them back to earth and wouldn't you know it they go off course and land on the wrong mountain 20 Miles away from said supplies.

OK are you still with me?

Things happen pretty quickly from the beginning of the pilot to the end on the search for food and I have to say that there was some hair pulling on my part and outbursts about continuity as well as 100 questions ( ha ha ) that I knew wouldn't be answered in the first few episodes, yet I still wanted to know why certain things were happening and of course a heartbreaking scene in episode 4 or 5  in which I cried and the Bean who had only been watching the show for all of 5 mins cried along with me because it was just, plain, sad.

By episode 3 I was hooked! Completely hooked and not only me...I apparently got one of the boys + Bean and Sese hooked during the process. I have to say though that the show along the way answered quite a few of my questions or at least addressed them and that way I knew  that someone looked at it and thought the same thing I did.

Oh yeah so the show is viewed from 2 aspects, being of course in space and on earth. Weaved in between is the web of lies and the surprises that follow. Almost every episode I've seen is complete with some dramatic scene that's leaves you somewhat speechless. Some of the characters I hated in the first couple of episodes have redeemed themselves and now I somewhat like them. This being a CW show was probably why I didn't check the show out earlier being that it's geared to the younger generation. that doesn't mean that I haven't gotten drawn into other shows for the youngins but I tend to I get my prime time drama from HBO, FX, MC, AMC and SC mostly and throw Space in there so this was a nice twist and it's on Netflix so I can see them all...at once...if I didn't need to sleep.

Anyway I would love to know if anyone watches it and if I have in anyway inspired you to take a look at the show then tell me what you think of it!

Have a great week!

See Ya,
S


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I neglected to say though that I have only seen 10 episodes!