Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ripped From The Weird Pages of...

This week it's the Huffington Post again!

Now I did scan several other weird pages and sometimes a story just jumps out at you and it brings back memories.

 Well this one did because...

Snow Kone Joe vs. Mr. Ding-A-Ling Ice Cream Truck Battle Brought To A Halt By Judge


I remember being a kid and when the Ice Cream truck tunes were heard we all lost our ever-loving minds! Where I grew up was a giant cul-de-sac, simply massive with a row of houses in the middle of it so the Dickie Dee truck had a large circuit to drive really slow and make us chase him for Rocket Pops and Pac Man and Ghost sorbet like things with a gumball eye and giant freezies! 

He would have to drive slow because the 10 or so of us would have to sprint to our houses to get the money first and then go find the truck! Oh that brings back sticky memories, we were too little to eat it all before it would end up running down our arms and dying us lovely streaked colours that our parents would have to soak us for an hour to get rid of.

And who could forget Eddie Murphy with  his Ice Cream bit that we could ALL relate to back then and even now as it goes through my head I can see him in my head in his leather outfit or was it vinyl? Who cares it was CLASSIC!

OK enough of memory lane and on to the weird!

So basically 2 Ice Cream Trucks ( Snow Kone Joe & Mr. Ding_A_Ling ) were in a bit of a Turf war in Gloversville, New York involving one stalking and harassing the other. Really? Does this involve driving realllly slowly behind the other one in a slow paced menacing manner? Low balling each others prices to steal consumers? Is there not enough children for the both of you? This sounds like a bad B-Rated horror movie with a body in the ice cream freezer or a really funny low grade comedy which I think both have actually been done already.

Now I'll be looking for movies involving ice cream trucks...great.

I've noticed over the many years that you barely even see an Ice  Cream truck anymore, at least not here where I live in BC. Here on the very rare occasion that you do see one they crawl even more  slowly just hoping that someone will turn up to buy a $6 frozen treat and in this day and age unless they take debit or credit who's got the change to give their kid? 

Do we even trust the ice cream man? Person? Whichever?

After being charged in 2013 Snow Kone Joe says he was humiliated because the case went Worldwide and after the charges now being dismissed will he still have the business? Will he have to retire a failed Ice Cream Man?

As odd and as  short this story was it just reminded me of being that carefree kid who had to spend the time outside because there was nothing worth staying inside for...until Atari and other game systems started to emerge that stole my tween years and part of my adulthood. My teen years were all trouble... I should have stuck to video games and other mind occupying things, like now.

Ok guys have a great Easter weekend! I know I will!

See Ya!
S


No comments: