Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 6, 2015

We Went, We Saw, We Bought Stuff!



Hello Lovelies!

I hope your Easter weekend was as good as mine was because Fan Expo was were I was! You know this already because my countdown started about 3 weeks before.

There was a constant buzz of energy on the way downtown. Me and the girls B, Sese and Blondunicorn hopped on the bus and took off to the city for a day of fun. The ride was almost torture getting there though, it's a ride I take everyday to work so I'm used to it. Lo on the other hand hasn't been on public transit for hmmm...I don't know over 20 years and she asked for a barf bag at one point. We get off the bus and I show them the Trump Tower that is causing all the problems they see in the news and really because there is no way to not see the looming building, it's massive! We split off from Sese and hit the first Starbucks we see because the wind coming off of the water is freezing.

After Latte's and a White Chocolate Mocha are in hand we brave the wind and head to the Convention Center. We get our tickets and on the way to the coat check we see Captain Jack and Loki having a wonderful conversation that made absolutely no sense because they were both in character. I have to say it definitely felt bigger than it was last year. So many more people to push yourself through and that brings me to ways to prepare for that kind of an outing.

First...take your 19 year old daughter with you.

Second...feed that kid while she has a meltdown about a $9 hot dog and swear to take snacks next year.

Third...follow said 19 yr old as she gets your pedestrian rage about 10x worse than you do.

Fourth...take your time as she elbows people out of the way creating a path for you and the newbie ( Blondunicorn ) to wade through.

Fifth...let that girl find all the shortcuts to get back into the convention so she doesn't have to walk all the way around the building to get back in after she's had enough people and wants to go outside in the first place.

She was funny to watch because she was so excited the whole time but needed to keep moving. We took in many sights and sounds, checked out celebrity panels I SAW WILLIAM SHATNER! Tyrese, Lori and Hershel from The Walking Dead, Stephen Amell and JOHN BARROWMAN and Carrie Fisher! Just to be that close to them was amazing for me!

There was a trio dressed as Loki, Thor and Heimdall as as they progressed around the room and they got separated all you would hear was "Loki! My brother!" and you would see 2 set of horns move with great speed through the crowd for a photo op like this!






And with that, this year I asked people to pose for pics and that wasn't something I would normally do. It's expected here though and highly encouraged.

I've wanted a Wonder Woman t-shirt since I was 9 and now I have one plus a Batman T along with a few prints from artists that I'll follow the progress of like Hugh Rookwood from Chozen Studios and Mervyn Mckoy from Paper Lab Studios.

You can check the Scenic tab above for more pics! Overall I had a great day and although I'm still learning about the Convention workings I have another goal next year to see more Q&A's and workshops. This was only the fourth year for Fan Expo and every year it should get bigger and bigger with help from those of us that have now committed to the yearly event.

Until next year FEV!

Have a great week!
S


No comments: