Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, May 25, 2015

All Hail The Bean!

Do you ever have one of those days where you feel just...blah? Of course you do, I guess that was a silly question. So much work to do on so many different levels and trying to stay focused is really hard sometimes but my brain forces me into action because I do feel much better once something is accomplished.

Usually on a Monday there is a fine line between the "I hate Monday" feeling and the "It's just another day" feeling although without coffee it's a "Damn it all to Hell" day!

I joke about my coffee addiction but it is a serious thing! I'm trying to cut out my afternoon coffees, you know the 4 or so I will have between 3 pm and 10 pm. So last night after a couple of weeks of cutting those out I made the mistake of having 1...maybe 2 between 9 pm and 11 pm and could not sleep! My brain was rev'd up and ready for action. Not so good when you're up between 5:30 and 6 am and making Monday very, very sluggish.

I remember being in my early 20's and drinking pot after pot of coffee and still being able to go to sleep which still worked up until I tried to cut back and reduced the amount of caffeine and sludge in my system.

Morning's are a given, if I don't get coffee it's a total waste of time to speak to me because I'm simply not hearing you until I've been kick-started. It's all "huh's?", "what's," and "sure whatever's" until the first sip hit's my tongue and a grateful, relaxed and appreciative smile forms afterwards with a comforting sigh. You know that feeling like after Thanksgiving dinner and the happy groans while people either undo the top button of there pants or are even smarter people wear loose fitting ones afterwards while they stuff in the pie to top it off!

Well...now I'm hungry...

Some have told me to switch to tea it has more caffeine. Tea doesn't cut it.
Have a smoothie. You're kidding right?
Try the herbal method. What method?...of madness because that's what would happen.

Ever had a headache from lack of caffeine? Sucks...big time...

Besides I'm not trying to completely give up coffee just trying to cut it out after maybe...noon or 2 maybe 4, somewhere in there. Where was I going with this? I don't even remember but the lack of coffee first thing on Saturday morning is probably why it took me so long to realize a raccoon was trying to pet me when I let my dogs out.

My point on this sluggish Monday?


This is how I started the day.


This is how it ends up!

Have a great week guys!

See Ya
S









No comments: