Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

7 Deadly Possibilities For Thought

Hello Lovelies!

Well it's Friday June 9th already and this half of the year has flown by hasn't it? This weekend we're in for temps in the 30's...YAY for you sun babies. The weekend was full of people bustling around enjoying the impeccable weather and the scents of BBQ's and sunscreen rode the air. 

Last week I asked a question about the 7 Deadly Sins and which one would be yours I had several people say Lust and surprisingly Gluttony.

www.betcheslovethis.com


So the definitions for the 7 Deadly Sins are as follows.

1. Greed - Wanting too much of something. 


2. Gluttony - Similar to greed, but gluttony is the action of taking too much of something in. 



3. Lust - The need to fulfill unspiritual desires (not just sexual desires, but this is usually what lust is associated with.) 



4. Envy - Jealousy; wanting to have what someone has. 



5. Sloth - Being too slow or lazy at doing something. 



6. Wrath - Vindictive anger; angry revenge. 



7. Pride - Being too self-satisfied 


Now at first I thought that my 2 most prominent were Envy and Pride but according to this list I could be wrong. 

Envy... yes I do envy those who are driven, ambitious and go for what they are after and get it without stepping all over people. Making smart choices and being proud of their accomplishments... and dancers legs, they have awesome legs!

Pride...well I'm proud of my own accomplishments and yet know I can do better, I take pride in what I do and I take pride in the raising of my kids but apparently that's not enough because I still Envy others so does one cancel the other out?

 Would it not be Envy but Lust instead in the way where I always desire something more or is that more like Greed?

Gluttony...when it comes to coffee...yes... 

Sloth...when it comes to laundry, dusting or dishes...hell yes...

Wrath...less lesser of my own evils but it's there...quietly resting until I need to lash out. Building and building until patience runs out. Tick, tick, tick...

It seems to me like there is a fine line and how does anyone not have at least one of these or all of them? Some are not necessarily bad things I guess it varies on the degree of it all really!

Just a little somethin somethin to think about as your week goes by!

Have a great week!
See Ya,
S


No comments: