Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, July 27, 2015

Ramblings Of A Distracted Mind

Hello Lovelies!

I wasn't exactly sure where I wanted to go today for this post. So much has happened in the news and day to day life that I'm not sure where to start so I'm going to let my fingers ramble until I lock on to something.


It was nice to get some much needed rain this weekend! Yet I'm still baffled by the people next door to me that continue to water...their fence...their sidewalk...every f*****g day and consider that the restriction is not their problem. See how I did that? I'm being good (sort of) and semi censoring myself. Why? I  have no idea. Forest fire wise things were a little calmer this weekend.

The house next door is a drug rehab & half way house, 2 doors up we have and alcohol rehab & halfway house we are also being surrounded by assisted living homes and a CFL football player next door too makes it an interesting collage of people. Now the A rehab, their OK and keep to themselves, they used to have a guy that would sing at the top of his lungs every morning and night and he was awful at it but you get used to it and when it was gone I noticed. Mr. CFL, he is like a Ninja you don't see him or his family until they want to be seen and their really easy going. Until recently they thought there were only 3 people living in our house. There are 7 and a complete zoo but it's nice to know we stay under the radar. Assisted living... we've been there long enough for our little corner to become comic relief or drama central of sorts to them and we play a game with the bank of windows that faces us trying to figure out what their watching or even applaud when the old folks are dancing in full view. Many of them still got the moves.

The drug rehab...those guys...need to go if only because their complete rudeness and lack of oh I don't know morals or discretion just plain piss me off. A couple of them are ok and seriously want to get their act together and even one young kid comes over to borrow Choo's tools. At first I thought the kid might be casing the shop but he seems pretty shy and he brings whatever he takes back as soon as he's done with them. That, I can handle but it's the ones that think their tough first of all and that they're the shit and say things that make me want to throw stuff over the fence in hopes to hit one in the mouth especially if their talking trash in the vicinity of any of my girls. So besides them blatantly being loud assholes ( where did my semi censorship go? ) when they come across people they know that are in there with them it makes me feel like it's all for show and I think it's very true because one of those guys got kicked out recently not only for smoking something...in his bedroom but also breaching his parole as Blondunicorn got to see the action with the cops.

So from that constant distraction to trying to set up my writing space, the writing itself as my weekly posts come up every Wed and rewriting what was previously written. During the week, I'm a soldier at it but on the weekends it's a bit harder temporarily because I'm mildly obsessed with the book series I'm reading, it's more like consumed and forcing myself to put down the books is very, very difficult now once I'm done them that will be different and I feel like I'm rewarding myself if I make large strides with my own writing throughout the week.

So with that said and something random injected of me being completely stoked that I found Lita Ford on Twitter it was a good hard week and I'm all the better for it.

I even made myself sit in the car when we took a trip to Costco because...it would have been a bad thing for me to get out of the car...because it was Costco on a Sat morning and it was safer in the car for everybody else. I can't help it though I'm ok with crowds, we have a common goal, get in, buy stuff, you know but it's like stores need a fast and a slow lane and Costco has large lanes to begin with but more often than not there are 3 carts side by side and walking at an alarmingly slow speed. Annnnd...that sets me off as muttered curses are a constant until that one person stops dead in front of me and the curses aren't muttered anymore... they are focused. That's when BU and Sese step in grab me by the arms and shoulders to whisk me away. I just hate being delayed when I'm on a mission and to me shopping of any kind is a mission that takes prep.

BU was was thinking this time though she figured if we got coffee first I would be nice and calm and she told me that was the plan. I told her all she did was give me a weapon and as soon as we hit the parking lot I decided that staying in the car was a much better idea.

Ok I have rambled enough, my fingers have thrown up enough words here. Go about your day and have a great week!

See Ya!
S


No comments: