Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 23, 2015

The Fun Never Stops

Hello Lovelies!

Someone told me the other day that my life certainly isn't boring and it was like watching a movie as we caught up over lunch last week.

Let's just add to that shall we?

Last week I went to pay my gas bill, BU has it in her name so I ran out on my lunch break and loaded my prepaid Visa ( because credit cards are BAD...for me ) I come rushing back to the office and get BU on the phone so that I can give her the reference number so she can report the payment. I sit down and we set up an online account for her so that I can pay by credit card. Ok. Fine. Everything is ok so far until...I go to make the payment.

Why?

Because Fortis Gas DOES NOT TAKE VISA.

Now I'm stunned blinking at the screen and that quickly turns to rage...way too fast. The string of swear words I was throwing out there probably had a few co-workers cringing but who doesn't take Visa and I'd have to pay it through a 3rd party where they can charge you $7-50 as a processing fee! I won't pay by credit card now even if I could just for that reason alone.

So I breath repeatedly as BU is on the other end of the phone, confused and probably cringing herself or possibly laughing but still having my pissed of back as I curse the gas company to hell and back for making me waste my time and I'm losing my mind because this prepaid card is type where the money is on it and it stays there. Sure I can spend it but I can't get the lump sum off the card. No cash advances, it's just stuck so I have to go and pay it through online banking and that messed up a series of other things that I had budgeted specifically for.

Seeing red now because I had a plan. I had a plan and financially and I never have a plan. I can admit that. I will rob Peter to pay Paul but the money always goes where it's needed the most. I recently got the card so that I could do things a bit differently and shop for Xmas online so that I don't have my consumer rage kick in shopping at stores. Like yesterday at Shoppers Drug Mart where I glared at a lady so hard because she was just that sort of person who purposely took longer at the cashier asking stupid questions as a long line formed behind her not caring that there were people waiting.

Cue the colourful phrases again, that though is another story.

So I pay the gas bill and we have the heat going. ( we get it shut off every May to roughly Oct ) The fan on the furnace had been running all summer blowing cool air through the duct and thus keeping us a bit cooler. The gas guy said it was good that we left it on because it would keep the dust out of the vents. Well Yay for us...until yesterday, until the sound and shaking of the house made me feel like a small plane was hurtling towards us so I actually went outside to look.

K...cool...no planes falling from the sky so what the hell was that?

Choo came upstairs and asked me if I heard the noise. OF COURSE I HEARD IT! I thought we were all going to die! So I asked what it was...it was the furnace fan. Wobbling. Shaking the walls. Right underneath BU who slept through it like a champ considering her room is directly above the furnace.

Well, shit that means I might have to talk to my landlord and I never want to do that but Choo and a friend looked into it and we might be able to take care of it on our own. My fingers are crossed.

So with the rat and the flooding and now the furnace I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make an offering to some higher power or a lower one if only that things just run smoothly for once at this time of year.

Speaking of the rat it set of the trap and left teeth marks in the bait the sly lil devil. If SHE keeps this up and I'm pretty sure its a she that one will end up with a name too I'll have to go get one of those humane traps where she goes in and doesn't get out. and relocate her and her potential offspring because it's a she.

Ok guys, have a great week!

See Ya.
S

No comments: