Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 4, 2016

And So It Begins...



Welcome to the New Year Lovelies!

    I hope your New Years was all you wanted it to be. I ended up ringing in the new year with my little Peanut and Sese. Ok P almost made it to midnight at about 11:45 he finally fell asleep so I rang it in with Sese and her online friends who since they were in Ohio and Massachusetts they had theirs before us. I attempted to watch 3 different movies but little man was having none of that so we watched the Croods...what a bizarre movie...that he didn't watch for more than 20 mins because he was having too much fun being the tiny human wrecking ball.

    I got calls from the kids periodically throughout the night from a party they were at and I have to say you guys are ridiculous but highly funny in your need to share with me what was going on for you even when it involves things that confuse me and make no sense. Feeling the love kiddies!

    Vancouver finally put on a New Years celebration on the waterfront so I got to watch a countdown that wasn't taped 3 hrs prior to ours. Now as much as I love my West Coast  home I think the only place I would go to ring in the New Year in frigid temps would be New York just to be in Times Square as the ball dropped and the confetti was free to fly. That would be something to see.

    Now that we're in the new year...what next? We are 4 days in to 2016 and although nothing has changed it feels like everything has changed. The way I'm thinking going into few months (besides the urge to jump out the window because RRSP season is starting) is going to be more about what I need to be a functioning, well rounded happy...mostly happy person.

    By the end of the 2015 I had read 53 books and had posted various things about my shock at that achievement for me. I didn't even realize it was an achievement I was only keeping track of what I had read and then someone asked my why I don't review the books I've read.

    Simple...I am not a reviewer on that level or any level. I mean sure I have mentioned books that I've liked or not ( Wolf Gift ) but I'm not sure that is in my realm of well anything really. If I like something I really like it. I'll tweet and message the authors when I fall in love with a book or series and I know they probably don't even see it except for JR Ward and Kim Harrison who responded and made me a very happy girl. Anyway...where was I? Oh ya I don't think I'm qualified to voice my opinion in that format. Does that make sense? My goal this year though is too finish writing my own book and read those that have been suggested to me by other authors and push my own boundaries.

And they will be pushed, pushed and pushed again I'm sure. so if you have any thoughts or suggestions of a good read or 3 let me know!

    So after seeing our first snow fall here that will be all washed away tomorrow I'm full of energy and hope that this will be a great year...as long as I survive RRSP season without injury, jail time or being committed to a facility after having a breakdown.
I kid...sort of.

Some revamping will be happening as I change everything for a fresh look that will occur periodically throughout the month and I'm sure after that I'll look a little like this...


Ok guys, off I go.

Have a great week

See Ya
S

   

No comments: