Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 18, 2016

No Regrets.



Hello Lovelies!

 Do you ever have those moments where you think back to things you've done in your life and wonder if it was the right road? Most times I think it depends on where your life is now to answer that question.

 After my post on Friday I had someone as me if I had any regrets in my life. I'm not sure if it's because I had waited so long to hit this new stage. My first reaction was of course I have! Many, but at the same time what happened then made whats happening today better...in some ways. It wasn't possible back then to do what I am now.

It's been a tough road, the people in my life made it easier to survive and made me smile through it but it was still tough. I am an extremely patient person though at least with the people around me and I've made a lot of mistakes. Some I regret and some I never will.

 When asked what my regrets are...I couldn't think of anything beyond I wish I studied harder, or leaving home when I was 16, I shouldn't have let the person get to me, Being afraid of some things and not being afraid of others, or how I should NOT have had that last shot of Tequila, stuff like that. Although since I can't remember what happened after that last shot of Tequila then I can't really regret it now can I? Oh wait yes I can because the hangover after that was about 2 days long and a complete blur so I do regret that last shot of Tequila.

 Things would have changed though and I probably wouldn't have the kids or people in my life that I have now, or would I? If you think along the lines of how it's said that some things are destined to happen, then wouldn't I have been put in the situation to have the people with me that I have anyway? Crossed paths with particular people at a certain time in my life to ensure that it happened? To build the bonds that I have? I am a believer in the saying that "Everything happens for a reason." Most of the time I'm pretty sure the reason is just to drive me crazy.

Bat...shit...crazy.

Some regrets I have are just to have spent more time with someone or things I should have said and when I should have said them. Wishing some knew how I really felt about how some things played out. Hindsight is always 20/20 though right?

I'm not really sure if I answered her question because there are so many things to think about and think back on.  In the end you learn from everything you go through, would it change the decisions ahead. I think in some cases, yes and in others your brain freezes and emotion takes over and you can not control emotion. You can try to put a leash on it temporarily as logic takes hold but deep down there is always a tidal wave of emotion waiting to break free and either break you down or lift you up above it.



It's true though, never regret what made you smile, it made you happy once and it was what you wanted.

Have a great week!

See Ya
S.

No comments: