Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, May 2, 2016

Jello Shots and Road Gremlins

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend! I did!

My Birthday was on Friday and I had the day off thanks to the company I work for. The hardest part about being off on Friday was thinking it was Saturday...all day. I had decided that since it was going to rain on my birthday and it does almost every year that I was going to hang out at home, consuming Jello shots until I passed out and the day was over but a change of events made the day simple and very much appreciated. 

I went out and saw my girlfriend of 38 years...38 YEARS! She's like a sister to me and so her daughter is effectively my niece. This niece of mine decided she wanted to come hang out with me for the day. Well...ok then...auntie is cool to hang out with for that 17 yr old. Once I brought her home with me and Lo, Bean and T took over from there. They latched on to each other and were thick as thieves, the brats. At one point Court ( niece ) was sitting with me while I made jello shots and I had the bright idea to take: 

Orange Jello + Mango Malibu Rum = Yummy
Strawberry Jello + Aboslut Rasberry Vodka = Super Yummy
Cherry Jello + Baccardi Black Rum = Napalm Bombs aka RED DEATH

As I made the last one, as soon as it hit my nose, I knew it was a bad idea but hey maybe it would taste ok. BAD...BAD IDEA...VERY BAD IDEA. Even as they set, every time we opened the fridge all you could smell was the Cherry Jello shots. That shit could clear your sinus' and trust me you didn't want that because you could fully smell them then.

The evening progressed with the girls helping make appies while we waited for the Jello to set. We nibbled and chatted watching Youtube videos and laughing thanks to Good Mythical Morning, Buzzfeed and that guy...Joe something or other. I always forget his name. Brina, Lo and I had decided that we would parcel out RED DEATH to any of the men that wanted to take a shot. Apparently T decided she was in that lot and we watched closely as she was the guinea pig for that experiment.

I should have took some video of the expression on her face when she pooped that tiny bit of Jello in her mouth. There was nothing good about that shot and her face said it all. The night went on until the only shots left were the ones we left behind so we just had to woman up and take them and we did. 
We held up our tiny cups, did our cheers, popped those suckers in our mouths...and damn near died.

Breathing stopped, mouths burning and brain cells exploding. it was worse than...um...I can't even compare it to anything it was that intense. When the last 4 were consumed by me, Bean, T and Lo T saying the last one was the easiest for her but for me and Lo it was the hardest. I almost couldn't swallow it. Lo made me promise at that point to never, ever make them again.

A fun time was had by all! Surprisingly enough for how drunk I was, I woke up with no hangover and raring to go.

Saturday I hung out with the girls, laughed at T because she was the only one who felt like death when she woke up and as a result hated her life. Wait Bean did too...Rookies.

My brother was here from Jamaica visiting and hadn't been here since 1995 when Bean was born so we hadn't seen him in almost 21 yrs. That was awesome Sese was her shy, silent self and Bean was...not.

Sunday was a day where I got to hang out with the boys and go to the Swap Meet in Cloverdale and I have to say it was an adventure. There was so much that happened  can't even put it all here, Missing turns, backed up traffic, cell phones left on the roof of the car to fall off and be run over later...good times and not my cell phone. He retrieved it, in pieces.

I have this thing about going to large crowed venues, The first thing we see when we get there is many upon many Motorcycles. coolest thing ever for me being my first one. The guys don't usually take me but I asked to go this year. the second thing I noticed as a typical me thing...the only...black person...there. So as you can guess there were many eyes on me. Choo asked me if it made me nervous and no it didn't at all. Scratch that the slow head turning looks did make me a bit nervous but it does no matter who you are or where I am. 

I was much more interested in being somewhere I had never been before and taking in the scene and ideas for both of my bikes.

When Choo bought me my Sportster it had a bell attached underneath to the frame. Even after I said no he took that bell because it had a Skull on it and said he would replace it, the Meet was his chance to do that. When I get the chance to customize the Sportster it will have a Wolf theme but alas they had no wolves at the table I was at so I picked up a little Celtic Cross instead, temporarily because I have to order the Wolf bell. Once I get that one I'll transfer the Cross bell to the BSA.



There is a legend of the Guardian Bell for riders but of course I forgot the simple version in my other book and as I looked for a simple explanation all I found was the whole story and it's a long story! Simply put though the bell is to protect riders from Road Gremlins that try to take you out. 

Some follow the superstition and some don't but I feel like I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Well that was a long one!

Have a great week!

See Ya 
S.

No comments: