Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 28, 2016

Furry Friends Need Care Too.


Hello Lovelies!

December is almost upon us and there is a lot to do in the next few weeks. Like shopping... in chaos and we know how much I love to do that!

Not so much...

Now is the time of year that people feel the most charitable as we think of people that either have nothing or have lost everything and have to suffer the holidays unhappy or alone. After the lost of my dog back in July, I thought of how humans get the gift of Charity during this time of year and that our furry friends without homes don't.

All of our dogs are rescues Cali came from A Better Life Dog Rescue. They didn't have a shelter facility but foster homes for the dogs they save. She came from California where she had been shipped between shelters and was in the third one when ABL found her and brought her to BC. Whiskey came to us from a former friend that had taken him after another friend of ours had passed away and then he couldn't take care of him either. Smokey...another who came to us because he couldn't stay where he was. Even 2 of our 3 cats are rescues and I'm allergic to them but their family.

Family that needs to stay away from my face and they all know that and don't even try now. If I put my face anywhere near theirs they look confused! It took a while for Bast because she liked to sit on your chest and literally steal your breathe like the creepy weirdo she is.

The BC SPCA we have dealt with for many different things. I even had to take a dog there once when we couldn't find a home for him because we were moving and couldn't find a place to live with a dog.  We had a hard time getting the cat in anywhere. Now because they have a Kill policy I asked them that if at any point they were going to have to put down our dog ( he was a Pitbull. I say was because it was over 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure he's gone now ) that they could call us so we could either say goodbye or give it a last push to find him a home. When I took him in that day one of the ladies that worked there loved him on sight, smothering him with hugs and talked about how she wanted to take him home herself. She seriously forgot I was in the room as she cuddled him and even in his terror, knowing something was wrong he loved every second of the attention.

I hope she gave him a home.

They stood up for us when we were being accused of neglecting our dogs. We let them into our home they checked every one of them and declared them well fed and well cared for. With that being said what I would like to do is give back to the shelter as we head into Winter so over the course of December I will be stockpiling and collecting donations ( Non Monetary ) for the Shelters and SPCA Thrift Store.

Now Lo and Choo are entrenched deep in Charity work for their organization, more so Lo helping a family in need along with other things on her plate and that made me think more about what I've wanted to do for months now but couldn't figure out where to start. While talking with her about various things she is doing and had to do and bouncing ideas off each other I decided that Procrastination is not my friend for something like this so it's begun. I've contacted both locations that I'd like to donate to and the ball is rolling. One of the locations houses Dogs and the other the smaller animals like Cats, Rabbits and Birds.

Right now I know that they accept toys, towels and blankets as well as other items and the Thrift store takes household items so hopefully somethings can be pulled together. Once I get the specifics back I can let those of you here in my area know what it is I'm looking for. For you guys outside of my area, especially if you have a rescue animal there is more you can donate to your local shelter to help the fur-babies!

Like this one...
This is Karma hopefully in her forever home as a friend is trying to make her his. She makes me miss my girl but who knows maybe I'll bring home a puppy!

I'm kidding! I am soooo not there yet.

Have a great week.

See Ya
S



No comments: