Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, January 23, 2017

Occupying My Time

Well Hello!

   I didn't even realize that I missed some time here but that only means that I've been occupied so now I'm here with everything and yet nothing to say at the same time. The week has been spent trying to figure out how to get my existing projects done. I have a bookshelf in my living room that needs some serious love and attention. I don't even know what's in there anymore except to say...a lot. Closets, storage items.

   I'm trying to stay on top of grasping some organization skills. My scattered head though has created writers block when I'm at the last 15,000 words so I'm trying not to think about it too much hoping that it flows back in. Really though it's probably because of work seeing that it's RRSP season and there is always a lull from me at this time of year.

   Saturday night we went for dinner with T and the Peanut. after dropping Lo off her spare keys as she locked hers in her car...yet again...

   Today is his 4th birthday and I can't even believe that the time has gone by so fast. I have to say though that White Spot...where you used to be "the place to be" things have gone downhill since then. The only good point was the waiter ( poor guy). We got there and they had our reservation wrong even though it was confirmed that same day, I ordered a Teriyaki Chicken Rice bowl that showed up with no chicken in it. Someone else ordered ribs and mashed potatoes and got uncooked fat and lumps but the waiter tried and it wasn't his fault.

   So in a couple of days the little man goes for surgery. He has what they consider a birthmark on his shoulder but instead of it going away as he's grown it's gotten bigger. A pale white fleshy lump the size of a golf ball now with veins that seem like they are trying to take over his tiny shoulder. He can never play sports with it because as his father says...

 "If it gets hit and bursts, it will be a scene from The Shining."

Great...

   So he's going to get it removed. It's day surgery so he'll leave the Children's Hospital the same day and as much as we worry about him afterwards his mother's worry turned so...dark I sat there and just shook my head and told her to think positive thoughts but that's T for you. Her brain always shifts sideways on my girl but only good thoughts remained for the little man.

   So while I stress out about that...and my cluttered home and mind...and work...and my writers block good grief at least it's not overwhelming stress to me it's the normal everyday kind. If I could I would just go for a ride and wash it all away, but alas it's Winter so I think that I will just try to clear out the things I need to do and go from there.

Have a great week!

See Ya
S






No comments: