Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Holiday Excitement!



Ok we know it's October and we know how much I LOVE this month!

This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada and the holiday might be Monday but the food and comfort we seek happens on Sunday.

The smell of Turkey in the air and pumpkin spiced stuff even though I hate pumpkin still rocks my world! My baby girl is moving out at the end of the month with her boyfriend of 6 years and I'm sure I'll go through empty nesting syndrome even though I'll still have 1 daughter left at home ( she's leaving me too in the new year I hear...possibly ) so this will be the last time we do this as a household unit.

We've lost so much in the past year that I'll be glad to have them with me before it gets to the point where we're cooking a tiny chicken for Thanksgiving in a tiny apartment somewhere. I hope that doesn't happen. As I struggle with the thoughts of the girls leaving I also look forward to less expenses and having the house to myself...who am I kidding I am NOT looking forward to that.

Wait I lost my way here...

Thanksgiving! I'm looking for something new I can make this year. I'm not sure if I want it to be a dessert or a side dish but the search is on!



Our Halloween party is coming up soon too. This is year 5 and they keep getting better so this long weekend will be completing the planning stages for prizes and games. Last year we gave away movie passes and a $25 gift card for the best costumes and everyone stayed safe. The prizes must be bigger and better this year! I know that Lo has already chosen what she wants to be but me??? I have no idea? I wasn't feeling it last year but after the loses I feel like I should take the time to enjoy the holidays and seasons as much as possible.

So what can I do? What should I be? I have a bit of time for that and since Turkey day comes first then that will be my focus. As you may have noticed I think I'll be blogging more frequently and randomly from now on. It always makes me feel better when I do my therapy here and even know I feel more clarity than I've had in a while.

Stick with what works!

I'm trying to post a Pic a day of whatever I can to re-engage with what I've lost touch with so check out my Instagram and I'll try to keep you posted!

See Ya
S


No comments: