Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Memories Are Sweet.

Well a lot has happened since I was last here.

The death of a loved one has consumed my brain and actions of late and as senseless and tragic as it was and has been, losing him...the son I had always envisioned and always wanted has showed me how short life is.

How short his was...

With that though, recently I think I have had a sense of clarity when it comes to what I want out of life. The things that I've always wanted but shied away from for fear of rejection or the inability to complete my tasks. To enjoy life more...like he did. Everything was beautiful and even at 25 years old everything was worth something. He wrapped himself around my heart and told me I could do the things I had started and finished. He was one of my biggest supporters in such a short period of time and from the day he took his last breath I swore I would live my life in a way that he would make him smile that mischievous smile he had.

The day of the accident he was helping me with my bike and I'm hard pressed to even wash her because his prints are still all over it. Now though it's off the road.

 My riding season was a bust this year. Ongoing problems with my Carb and others made it frustrating to say the least and then after changing the carb twice and the spark plugs, I am still having issues. Now moving on to the plug wires by process of elimination and besides what a better way to learn how things work. Ok here's the thing, even tough I will take instruction and absorb knowledge from the riders in my life let's face it...they're too busy riding!

Jealous... of course I am!

Thanks to technology and you know...You Tube I started to research the possibilities and trust me I know my limits so when I read about testing the plug wires with a screwdriver it gave me pause because well come on... I'm still new here.

With that being said I have the off season now to begin the customization and learning process. So even though I have balked at changing my Sportster and trying to keep it as stock as possible it's time now to really make her mine and even though it's been tough to think about changing her because of those prints I know that he would want me to make her the best I wanted her to be and if he was here he'd be helping me do just that.

Now the bike projects are mounting as we have 4 bikes now in total to build and one of them was supposed to be his.

It still will be.

So no more fucking around and stop and go shit. Things have to be done so here's to being more outgoing and taking risks. I have 2 things that are important to me that fear has stopped. Riding and Writing where both a part of me, both need to be addressed and move forward while I am determined to enjoy the little things at the same time.

I'm not gone yet and will have to make the most of what I have.

Life is short, Live it.
Love is rare, grab it.
Anger is bad, dump it.
Fear is awful, face it.
Memories are sweet,
cherish it...

With so much that is happening in our world, the little things matter so much more now.

True...

See Ya,
S

No comments: