Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Working On Kenny's Road

Work, work, work...

As usual I have created my own sweet hell!

Besides my Monday-Friday job I have the shop on weekends now and wow...is this a job that's going to cause me to rethink my life because it's just as disorganized as mine is.

There is so...much...stuff. I totally understand why they need the help because there is so...much...stuff...

So much it was tough to know where to begin with it all so I started simply with the inventory. Everything labelled with Parts #'s and Prices and I still didn't get it all. On top of the inventory there is the general overhaul that has to happen to make it more functional, not so much on the bay side but the office and sales side. I might have to document this transition but you know me, as much as I'll want to it might not happen lol. Again I have so much on my plate right now that I don't know how I'll do it all still trying to build up my own Brand and take care of so many things.

You'd figure that things would calm down but on no...that is not the case. Still though I do function better amid chaos so we'll see what happens. I had said to Lo that I'll have no days off anymore with the second job ans she said...

"If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life."

After the weekend I found she was right. It didn't feel like I was working and I can't see being there feeling like that, especially when stuff like this is going on.

That's my bike undergoing some work. She ran like crap last year so the guys have decided to give her a serious look.

It turns out that since I have a Buell engine in my Sportster I need 4 spark plugs to run her.

When the plugs got changed last year one didn't go in right but now the head needs to be re-threaded. ( Still partial gibberish to me but I'm getting it ) I can see the $$. They seem pretty eager to get me riding though this year and have runs planned that they want me to be a part of including the ones I want to do myself.

I kind of touched on that a little bit in a Blog Post I've been working on and will explain there more but it's called Kenny's Road. It will be an annual run for us and we hope to build it into something bigger one day. I've gotten good feedback from people I've talked to already and even gotten offers of support for it to happen.

A run for those we've lost to Drug Overdoses especially those that are Fentanyl related as we've lost another satellite kid just last week to it. We're hoping to raise money for Addiction Centers.

There will be more to come on that one later as it won't be until August and the date isn't set yet but it gives me hope and a sense that Kenny's death will mean something good instead of breaking my heart endlessly.

Ok enough of the heavy.

Have a great week!

See Ya
S

No comments: